I got tired of the old dark green design. It was too murky and spring is in the air, so I redesigned the site to be lighter and more "spring-y".
varawesome = "Inconsolata is back!";
Inconsolata is back as the source code font and Open Sans makes up the majority of the text on the blog now with the exception of headers which are set in Racing Sans One.
All-in-all, I'm happier. And hopefully this can trigger my implementation of multiple pictures per post since I need that to report on my robot project progress. Summer is coming and summer means sun, and sun means solar power which in turn means that I need to speed things up if I want this project done before the (OMG spoiler alert!) new baby in the end of July.
I've completed my rewrite of all my blog posts into Markdown. Somewhere in the middle I found why my inline HTML didn't work and that made my old posts look almost acceptable, but the syntax highlighted source code didn't work anymore since I had moved the highlighting code into the marked configuration.
So on I went into the abyss, continuing to rewrite (more like edit) all my older posts. While I was at it I re-indented all source code examples into using 2-space indentation. Man, some posts do have a lot of source code in them. =)
I made good use of SSH for connecting to my server from my parents-in-laws' cabin (where I've spent the last week).
ssh -L 8080:localhost:5984 lofjard.se made sure I could connect to the CouchDB instance on lofjard.se.
All posts are now written in Markdown. You will not know the difference.
Desperate, as always, for lowering my blogging threshold I implemented Markdown syntax for the blog.
As I did this through use of the marked plugin I lost support for inline HTML (might be a setting though). For a few hours this means that my old blog posts will look ugly until I've gone through the backlog and converted it to Markdown.
One might wonder where I've been or what I've been up to these last couple of months. One would be right to wonder why I, so close to the one year anniversary of this blog, suddenly stopped writing. The truth is kind of embarassing.
What did you do?
I created a bunch of SSL certificates that were set to expire in a year (by not changing the default value). So here I was, wanting to write to you about building a robot, going to FOSDEM, hacking away at my blog etc, but I just couldn't. Well not in any easy way anyway.
But isn't that an easy fix?
My first thought was to generate new client certificates but that was when I realised that my server certificates had expired as well and my CA certificate had been lost in the maintenance work a few months back.
So my next quest was to recreate my CA certificates but that unfortunately turned out to take longer than I expected. Appearantly I'm a very busy man these days because every time I sat down and got started with the certificates, something else came up and got in the way of things.
So what's different about today
Well for one, I'm home from work tending to my daughter who has a high fever. After a morning of cartoons and blaming me for "stealing" her toy train, she finally fell asleep and lo' and behold; I have brand new CA certificates, server certificates and client certificates.
Oh, and dont worry! There will be a few posts about my robot.