The seventh blog has gone live!
I didn’t dare to hope that this day would come, but a stint of bad (or not as great as usual) weather has left me with a lot of time for coding while my family wears out their phone batteries to the best of their abilities.
The fixed and the missing
While there was quite a lot of missing features a few days ago, there is now a working archive, tag cloud and even search(!).
The latter was solved with Orama, formerly known as Lyra
, and it does all the full-text searching client-side. It’s all hooked up with a custom WebComponent and some clever index building with Astro. There will be a more complete writeup on it in the future, but for now you can check out the code over on GitHub. The link for that is at the source page.
Comments are still missing, and I have not figured out a great way of doing them yet. It will need a database of its own though, since the rest of the blog runs without a database.
Also missing is the admin area, which is for my eyes only anyway, but that will have to wait for another rainy day. For now I’ve set up a webhook on GitHub that calls a docker container on my server. The docker container then fetches the latest code and builds it, after which it copies it to a shared volume that the web server reads from. This makeshift pipeline works quite nicely for the moment.